Thursday, October 12, 2006

bodily breakdown

i was diagnosed in 1989.

in 1990 i started telling my oncologists about the late effects that were affecting me due to the chemotherapy.

they didn't listen. at all.

i wouldn't shut up about it. then, when i got depressed about being neglected and ignored by the very ppl who were responsible for my care, those very ppl started sending me to psychiatrists, who said that the issues i was having with my oncologists wasn't his 'department'.

what should he care? he wouldn't have had a patient to bill anymore if the social issues had been addressed. he couldn't have continued to pad the bank accounts of Big Pharma to ply me with those anti-depressants that f*&cked me up for years.

Guess what?
It wasn't all in my head - and the New England Journal of Medicine knows it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home