Sunday, April 30, 2006

exploitation

The bad
Since I was a teenager, most of the limited attention I possess was devoted to the plethora of crap I had to do to survive, to keep a grip in the face of my reality being erased by those who refused to acknowledge what I was going through - and I barely succeeded at times, and failed dismally others.

Family, friends, health professionals ignored and dismissed my very real and painful experience of my being vulnerable to exploitation, while simultaneously exploiting my vulnerabilities to manipulate me into believing much of the time that I wasn't vulnerable. (Yes, this head game was brought to you by your taxpayer). I was then freely available to be a crutch on which they could prop up their reputations and egos .

"we saved your life with no side effects - aren't we fabulous people (bah - fabulous martyrs ) for still putting up with you and all your imaginary complaints - the imaginary complaints about your memory, attention and focus that we use against you, to give us the edge we need to dismiss your complaints about memory, attention and focus ... "

The good
Going to have to think about this one ... (I will deliver - please bear with the slow thinker that is me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home